Sunday, August 23, 2009

Introducing Molly Hoang Minh Sanh Jones

Edited note - I had pictures of Molly posted, but my agency asked that I not post her image on the internet until after the adoption is final. Therefore, her pictures have been removed.


Here she is - my daughter! She is 3 months old, and is living in in Vung Tau 3, an orphanage in the south of Vietnam. I don't know when I'll be able to go get her yet, but I expect I might be spending Christmas in Vietnam this year.
I spent most of the morning talking on the phone with another adopting mom who received her proposal at the same time. We have become close friends in these last couple of years, so it was really good to be able to share this day with her. I was on the phone with her when I opened the pictures and saw my baby for the first time. My computer was working very slowly this morning - the picture opened one line at a time. I saw a little fist, then the hair (!) and then her adorable little face! She's so sweet.
I love the hair that stands straight up! It's just like a friend's daughter when she was born - it took 5 months for her hair to grow long enough for it to lay flat.
I have spent the rest of the day talking on the phone and emailing pictures out to everyone. I had to re-charge both phones and my ear is sore, but I'm so happy!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! She's absolutely adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Catherine on becoming a Mommy to sweet Molly!

    It's great to have you on my path, as I too become a Mommy to my sweet baby boy.

    /Susan

    ReplyDelete