Saturday, December 5, 2009

Baby Shower for Molly and Me





What a fantastic group of friends I have! A friend of mine offered to host a baby shower for me this weekend, and we had a wonderful time! There were so many great moments. I am really lucky to have such a great group of women supporting me, plus it was great to get together with everyone before I head off to Vietnam. Here are some highlights:


  • Poetry was composed, and a song was sung about adopting Molly
  • Gifts were passed down to me that friends had used for their children
  • A hand-stitched baby quilt was made for Molly
  • She now has lots of bibs and socks
  • She will wear lots of pink!

I was very touched with the thoughtfulness of the gifts. Thanks to all of you for being part of this journey with me, for all your support, and your generosity.

And a big THANKS to Julia, Vera and Doug for hosting the shower in their lovely home!




No comments:

Post a Comment