Monday, December 13, 2010

The Fab Five Christmas Party

Lesia and Mylan came over from Victoria for the weekend, so we all got together to celebrate Christmas.  Lesia and I hosted the gathering at my place, so I got the tree up and the house decorated on December 1st!  Rita and Ninh and Uncle Ron all came over to help decorate.  Rita brought greens and poinsettias, and Ron ended up decorating the tree when I was putting Molly down to sleep later in the evening.  What a beautiful job he did!  My 'Charlie Brown' tree is trimmed, garlanded and dusted with pipe-cleaner snow.



Molly was amazed at what she saw the next morning - I snuck out of bed early to plug in the lights before she could see it.  I taught her to only touch the tree and the decorations, not to pull anything off.  So now she stands in front of it saying 'touch, touch', and touching the bulbs and lights with one finger.  It's so sweet to watch her.

Then a few days later, our guests arrived, and the party began!  We had a potluck dinner, eggnog, and lots of different desserts to fill up on.  Suddenly, there was a 'Ho ho ho!' and Santa had arrived! 


He scared the kids, but had presents to give them from his sack.  Molly broke the ice by sitting on his lap for pictures, but we cheated a little bit.  We peeked behind Santa's beard to find that it was Uncle Ron who was dressed up, so she was happy to sit with him.  I don't think Ninh ever got over it though - he wasn't happy until Santa left.
Christmas cheer and chaos reigned for the rest of the evening, but I think everyone had a really good time.  A huge thanks to everyone for bringing food, dressing up, and decorating, but most of all, thanks for being there and creating lovely Christmas memories to treasure.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. Wish Lily and I could have been there Catherine. Big Hugs to all and Warm Holiday Wishes to you and Molly.

    ReplyDelete