Saturday, May 23, 2009

Next, the ADOPTION!

With all the excitement over the bees, I have not yet blogged about my adoption. I got my paperwork into my adoption agency in November 2007, to ask for an infant girl from Vietnam. It's been a long and (at times) frustrating wait, but things are starting to happen. Out of the 7 Vietnam families that are adopting from my agency, the first family has come home with twins, and the second family has a proposal and will travel in June. I just got an update that I am #4 on the list!

The 'list' is a Canada-wide list, and has recently been re-ordered in date order, rather than separate lists for girls, boys, or either. This means that for the 3 families ahead of me, two of them are from my agency, and one could be anywhere in Canada.

Over the last 2 years, I have been in contact with all of the 7 families, and some of us have become quite close friends. The friendship and support of these other parents-to-be has been incredibly valuable to me, and I look forward to life-long friendships, not only for the parents, but for our children too. They will all have their Vietnamese heritage in common.

Most of us will be bringing our children home this year - 2009 is going to be big!

No comments:

Post a Comment