Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Adoption Update - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly


The Good: Another one of our 7 families has received a proposal of a little boy! This is family #3, and I'm #5. Family #4 has been told (for the last 6 weeks or so) that a proposal could come any day now. I should get my proposal sometime this summer.


The Bad: Today is my 46th birthday. I have had a lovely day with my friends and their kids, but I was the only one there that wasn't a parent. I will be 46 years older than my child. My daughter isn't here yet, and I'm not getting any younger. Wahhh!


The Ugly: I'm not getting my daughter soon. We just got the news that Vietnam is changing some of their procedures, which will add 4 - 6 weeks to the wait between the proposal and the date to travel to Vietnam. I have estimated that I would be travelling in October, give or take a few weeks, but now I'll be lucky if I can go before the new year.


The waiting and uncertainty is the hardest part of all of this. I have read other people's blogs and found that the postings before proposal and travel are often depressing and maudlin. I thought I'd try and avoid doing the same, but forgive me for a little bit of whining. I was hoping to get a proposal for my birthday present - not bad news!

No comments:

Post a Comment