Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another Day in My Life

So, as Molly and I were leaving my truck at the ferry parking lot on the way to Victoria, I noticed that my vehicle insurance had expired a few days earlier.  With crossed fingers, I left it there and tried not to worry.  When we got back, everything was fine, and we made it home without getting into an accident, caught or fined.  The next morning I looked through the pile of mail I haven't dealt with yet, to find my insurance papers.  Instead, I found the reminder that my driver's licence expired on my birthday a month ago!  And on top of everything, the insurance agent said that I had to get Air-Care before I could buy insurance.  He sold me a day's permit, and Molly and I rushed off the the Air-Care centre instead of taking a nap.  We had an appointment that afternoon, so it wasn't until the next morning that I bought insurance for the year and got my driver's licence renewed in the afternoon.  Then I ate a chocolate bar.  Everything's OK now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything turned out ok ! Funny how chocolate or red wine (hey why not both !) can make it all better !

    Catherine, I love reading your posts when my five year old is off to bed. We are still waiting to adopt Emma from VT3 after 6 months wait since our proposal (that' why I understand the chocolate part !)I'm going nuts !

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete