Friday, August 27, 2010

Molly Amazes Me, And Why I Love Our Neighborhood

It all started when Molly was playing happily with the little cart I bought her in Vietnam that helps teach her to walk.  I was trying to cook her breakfast, but I had to keep helping her turn around, or get the cart free from being stuck on toys, corners, the carpet, etc.  I decided we should take the cart outside and see how she does on the sidewalk.

So later that day, she pushed her little cart from one end of our block to the other, and back again!  She stopped to smell the flowers, wave at some dogs, and smile at people passing by.  I was amazed that she could walk so far!  And she loved it - laughing and chattering the whole time.




The next morning, I decided she should walk with her cart to the coffee shop.  We attracted a lot of attention on Cambie Street as she made her way down the block.  After sharing a scone, we headed back, but Molly was barrelling down the street, so I thought perhaps we could go to the grocery store in the next block and get a few things.  Along the way, she stopped to wave at the hairdressers, chatted with the florist, who brought out a flower for her, and was given a balloon by the nice lady in the grocery store.  I love our neighborhood!

1 comment:

  1. Molly is really cute walking with her balloon ! I understand how she could attract so much attention !

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete