Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fab Four and More Long Weekend

Lesia and Mylan came over from Victoria to spend the long weekend at our house, so we got the Fab Four gang together, plus Merel, Nathan and Nhan.  The Fab Four are the Vietnamese kids adopted by the 4 single moms who got to know each other during the 2-3 year process.  But now that we have gotten to know Nhan and his parents so well, we will have to come up with a tag that includes all 5 families. 

Anyways, Lesia and Mylan arrived Friday afternoon, and we went out to pick up a few things with the girls.  Mylan tried out Molly's cart.  She also tried out Molly's hair clip.  Molly's bangs are really long, and I need to clip them back, but everytime I noticed Molly's bangs in her eyes, I found her hair clip in Mylan's hair!  Hmmm...

Later, everyone congregated at our house for skinny-dipping in the pool, a potluck dinner and kisses.


Rita and Ninh couldn't make it out on Friday, but we all went out to Fort Langley on Saturday to hang out in their neighborhood.  We took the 5 kids out for lunch, then played in a park for a while.  The kids had a blast!  They are unbelievably cute!





On Sunday, Lesia and Mylan treated Molly and I to a trip to the Vancouver Art Gallery.  We looked at the art and Lesia tried to educate the three of us about what we were seeing.  It was quite an eye opener for me, as I have never seen the inside of an Art Gallery before.  It was also Molly and Mylan's first time.  Thanks to Lesia for introducing us!  I'll be sure to expose Molly to more art as she grows up.

We had a lazy afternoon, then visited with Rita and Ninh who came over for the evening.

The next morning, we got up early, as I wanted to support a friend who was racing her first triathalon.  Nathan sent a text message inviting us to visit in the morning before Lesia and Mylan caught the ferry home, so we decided that I would drop Lesia, Mylan AND MOLLY off at their place for the morning, while I went to stand out in the rain to watch my friend cross the finish line.  It's the first time I ever left Molly with baby sitters!  Even worse, we were in a hurry, so Merel came down to the street, and I just handed Molly over and said: 'Goodbye, Mommy will come back soon".  On the street!
However, Molly was just fine.  She ate all their banana pancakes, played happily with Nhan and Mylan, and didn't show any signs of distress, which I'm happy for.  When I got back, she gave me a smile and said "Mum me".  We hugged, and I didn't put her down for a while. 

Sadly, we had to take our guests back to the ferry and say goodbye.  It was a great weekend, and we really enjoyed having them stay at our place.  Molly and I will miss them until they are back again.


2 comments:

  1. They are all soooo cute! How lucky that they can all hang out together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be wonderful for them to grow up together!! looks like everyone had a fun time!....

    ReplyDelete