Thursday, November 11, 2010

Family Camp Weekend

Molly and I travelled up to Quadra Island this past weekend to take part in a family camp weekend for adoptive families.  We had a wonderful time!  There were 14 families and 50 kids there.  What I was most amazed about is the first few people I got to know had 14 kids, or 20 kids, "but we only brought 11 here".  So there were some very large families, and some very small families.  Molly was the youngest at the camp, but we were not the only single-mom family there.  I met some wonderful people, whom I'm sure will become good friends.

Molly received a lot of attention.  She got MOBBED by a group of 6 year olds, all who wanted to hold her at the same time.  It was really cute, but too overwhelming for Molly most of the time.  I had to wade in and save her quite often, and try to set some boundaries for Molly with the girls.  However, whenever I picked Molly up and the girls wandered away, Molly wanted to follow them.  She loved her posse!


We stayed at a beautiful resort which provided great accomodations and lots of activities for the kids.  Molly rode a horse!  I think I was more thrilled with that than she was.

She also got her face painted, and did some coloring with markers.  Two of her friends drew pictures for Molly, of her favorite things - flowers, hearts and bees.   They slid a couple of pieces of art under our door, so we displayed them in the room, and have brought them home as a keepsake.


The weekend was over too quickly.   We exchanged emails with other families, and hope to keep in touch until next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment