Sunday, November 14, 2010

Follow-up to the Hair Clip Incident

The evil hair clip is mocking me.  I flushed it after identifying it in Molly's poop, but it is hovering at the bottom of my toilet bowl!  I saw it again after we got back from our weekend on Quadra Island.  And I've seen it a couple of times since.  I think I'll have to get some rubber gloves and chopsticks in order to get rid of it for good...

When I told my parents about the 'incident', my Mom wrote back this email:  "You may not remember but you had an accident with a hair clip too . You were about two or so and was standing on the front steps taking out the clips and rollers from my hair. I couldn't see you but you had put a clip in your mouth when you slipped off the step and fell head first down. The clip jammed up into the roof of your mouth.You began to cry and I immediatly pulled it out. Well of course it bled like crazy and I rush to the Doc. with you ...only a few blocks away. By then it stopped bleeding and you were OK. Do you remember this?"

No, Mom, thankfully I was too young to remember!

I bought the package of hair clips at a store in our neighborhood, and have beaten myself up for not realizing they were small enough for Molly to choke on.  However, at Molly's music class this week, I noticed TWO other little girls with the same clips in their hair.  So I told them our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment