Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Day in My Life

We met a friend on the street today, and he asked me how my day was going.  This is what I replied:

"It's 4:30pm, and I have just picked up my morning coffee.  I ate one meal today, and haven't showered yet.  I desperately need some groceries, but I should be at home feeding Molly her dinner right now.  I hired a housekeeper to help me clean, but when she didn't show up, I phoned and found out she was out of town, and will come by next week instead.  I hired my friend's son to come to the house to play with Molly for an hour or so, but he has only made it over once - he's out of town this week with his family.  We haven't played with any of her friends for a long time, and the last time we went to the park was a week ago."

However, it's not all bad.  We had an appointment this morning with the Infant Development Program, and found that Molly's gross motor skills are delayed, which was expected, but not bad enough to warrant any professional therapy.  I have some things I can do to help her learn to walk.  She scored really high in the social and communications areas, and all other areas of development are just fine.

Molly also has other recent accomplishments.  I bought her a potty last week, and she is using it!  Some days she likes it more than others, but she sits and does her business.  I also bought her a bowl with a suction cup on the bottom, and gave her a spoon yesterday.  She now feeds herself most of her meals.  She eats cut up vegetables by hand, and her rice and cereal mixtures are moist and sticky enough that she can scoop it up with her spoon and get it to her mouth without losing too much on her bib.  She learned how to fling food off the spoon today, and got some in her hair.  Yayyyy!  That's a big milestone.  Way to go Molly, Mommy's proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. wow! impressive that Molly is using the potty a lot! Maya has only used hers once so far, although she will go into the bathroom to poo in her diaper.

    ReplyDelete