Friday, July 9, 2010

Memories of Mui Ne (April 23 - 25)

Back in the days when we were stuck in Ba Ria, a long weekend was approaching, and Loan invited Molly and I to join her and her friends at a beach resort in Mui Ne for a couple of days.  I hesitated, just because I am Loan's work, and this was a personal holiday for her, but it didn't take much convincing.  Mui Ne!  I had heard lots about how beautiful it is, and it was only a 3 hour drive up the coast.

My hotel owner arranged a car and driver for me, and we met Loan and her friends there.  There were a couple of families with young children, so Molly and I fit right in.

We stayed at the Sand Garden Resort, which was across the street from the beach, but had a really lovely pool and restaurant.
Our hotel room


Our bathroom was outdoors, and had a garden growing in it

Nice open-air restaurant
We spent an afternoon at the beach.  Just look at the views!

The resorts down the beach from us

My feet in the South China Sea

Playing in the surf

Mui Ne is also known for its sand dunes.  We passed by the red sand dunes that were crowded with tourists, and drove a ways up the coast to some white sand dunes beside a lake.  We got there just before sundown.

  Gorgeous!

The rest of the time we chilled by the pool and throughly enjoyed ourselves





This is what Molly thought about being beside the pool, instead of in it!

Thank you Loan and friends for wonderful memories

1 comment:

  1. That looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to go back to Vietnam when our Molly gets a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete