Monday, July 12, 2010

Please Help Molly Get a Baby Brother

I feel that because Molly is a single child of a single mother, she needs at least one sibling to grow up with.  I had always thought I'd be a stay-at-home mom to 3 kids, with a lovely husband and a picket fence, etc.  Things didn't turn out that way, so I decided to start with just one baby first.

Check.  Now that I have Molly, and I'm aware of how long it takes for adoptions to complete, it's time to start the next one.  My experience at the orphanage taught me that I can handle more than one child!
So while I'm off work this year with Molly, I'm looking for some creative ways to earn funds to pay for the next adoption.  I have attached a couple of links to the side-bar of my blog for some useful baby items.

Robeez is a company that was started by a mom here in Burnaby who sewed a better shoe for her own son, then grew a company with it, and eventually sold it to a multi-national corporation.  The shoes are a good and very popular product.  They have a new Eco Collection, they will gift-wrap and direct ship a gift for a small fee, and right now they have an offer of free shipping for orders of two or more pairs of shoes.

Dimpleskins Naturals is a local company based in New Westminster.  It was also started by a mom who made natural products for her daughter.  The Bum Bum Balm is the diaper salve I use for Molly.  It is handmade with high quality ingredients, and contains no chemicals, toxins or fragrances.  It is also made without zinc, which plugs up the absorbency of Molly's cloth diapers.  There is a full line of personal care products for the whole family and a wonderful Baby Bundle Gift Set.  Plus, all their packaging is is recyclable.

So please think of Molly's little brother when shopping for your kids, or choosing gifts for other families.  If you purchase any of the Robeez shoes or Dimpleskins Natural products through the link on my side-bar, I will receive a commission, which will go towards the adoption fund.

Molly thanks you, and so do I!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine, As soon as Shawn and I get Aaron/Minh home, we will definitely purchase something thru your blog :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete