Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Fab Four Celebrate Together

Throughout this whole adoption experience, I have often said that the best part is meeting the other families who are doing the same thing as me.  I have received immeasurable comfort and support along the way from many, many people.

More specifically, there is a small group of single parents that have become my closest support system.  We have all brought our children home from Vietnam within the last year, Molly being the last one to arrive.  While Molly and I were in Vietnam, we missed most of the kids' first birthdays, and of course, Molly celebrated her birthday there, without her little buddies.

Last weekend, a group of us got together to celebrate our children, exchange a few birthday gifts, and let the kids get to know each other.  I hosted the party at my house, and we all contributed party favors, cake and food.


What a fantastic time!  I loved watching Molly interact with her friends.  Her eyes really light up while she watches the other kids.  They are so sweet when they play together.  It was a bit chaotic with four 1-year olds running amok in my house, but I loved it!  I have waited such a long time to be a mother, and have often dreamed about having play-dates at my house.  So many dreams have finally come true.


And my incredible single mom friends!  Unlimited support, sounding boards, hugs, kisses and lots of love for each other.  I am so thankful that we all feel the same about how important it is for our children to know each other as they grow up.  And I'm so thankful that I have had these special women to help me through the last 2 - 3 years.  We lean on each other in lieu of having spouses.  I'm not sure I could have held myself together at some times without them.  And we have a life-time of continued friendships to look forward to as we raise our children.

To Susan and Quan, Rita and Ninh, Lesia and Mylan:  Thank you for being our BFF's.  You all hold a special place in our hearts.  Molly and I love you lots!


1 comment:

  1. Catherine, your blog is awesome!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete