Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I am happy and proud to celebrate my first Mother's Day! We are in Vietnam where there is no Mother's Day, but I took us out for brunch to a local cafe called the Blue Note, where there is good Vietnamese coffee. Later, I treated myself to a mani-pedi. Molly's gift to me today was to be absolutely angelic and patient both at brunch and while I was getting my nails done. She's so sweet!

The hotel where we are staying is owned by the Director of the Vung Tau orphanages, so many the families that come into this area end up staying here with their children until the travel documents are ready. Right now, all the families that were here are from France, but a couple of them spoke English, so I have had a bit of a social life! Sadly, they all left this morning. So Mother's Day was celebrated by just Molly and myself, 14 hours earlier than the rest of you.

So Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Happy Mother's Day to all my friends and family who have children. And a very special Happy Mother's Day to all the first-time Moms who have brought their adopted children home in the last year.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Catherine...thinking of you and wishing you home soon.
    Paula and Lily

    ReplyDelete