Saturday, May 29, 2010

Weekend in Dalat - Day 1 (May 21)

So, I had casually mentioned to Loan one day that after our adoption ceremony, if I could find another family to join me, I'd like to visit Dalat before we fly home. A few days later, she said she would come with me to Dalat, so that I would have the chance to see it. That's Loan - extremely generous and kind hearted.


She invited friends, Kinh and Ngoc to join us, and we had a blast! We left the day after our adoption ceremony and hopped a bus for an 8 hour ride to the central highlands. This part of the country is really beautiful! Its the image of thick green mountainous jungle and sleepy villages that I had in my mind of what Vietnam looks like, before I got here. Molly is a fantastic traveller! She was content and happy for 8 hours on the bus, no complaints from her, or anyone sitting near us. In fact, she was flirting with all the men sitting near us, and charmed everyone she could.



Loan made all the arrangements. She chose a wonderful 4 star hotel - The Blue Moon - and got a very good price for the rooms for us. Then she started arranging the tours.


We arrived about dinnertime, so I put Molly to bed in the brand new, beautiful baby cot the hotel put together for her, and ordered room service. The others went carousing around town for the night.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine,

    I am so very happy for you and Molly is just beautiful. Seems like you have been a family forever!! Please give Loan a big squeeze for me and Lily. xoxox Have a great time in Dalat (wish I had gone there).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine, Sounds like you are having a great time! Say hi to Loan for us too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine,
    I am glad you took the time to do what you've always wanted to do - see various places in Vientnam. Your daughter looks like a treasure in that little pink crib. Just too adorable.
    Only 5 days until you come home - hope you keep busy and enjoy as much as you can while you are still there. Can't wait to meet your little angel. Maryna K.

    ReplyDelete